*** Please contact us for availability ***
Available in Gloss Red, Gloss White, Piano Black, Satin Black, Satin Blue, Satin Green, Satin Walnut, Satin White, Satin Yellow
The Debut Carbon Evo Turntable’s History
In the mid-90s, at the height of the Compact Disc, Pro-Ject set a goal: bring back the analog sound experience with something like the debut carbon EVO. We decided to create a turntable that could deliver true analog sound at a price that a new, younger generation of record lovers could afford. It must sound great, be simple in setup and pleasing to use, then exude quality while remaining affordable.
It should also come in a range of colors so it could serve as a centerpiece in any home. The first units that came off the production line in 1999 were a runaway success. We quickly scaled up production to meet the demands of a new wave of analog enthusiasts that the industry had forgotten about. After more than 20 years, the Debut is still one of the best-selling turntables in the history of Hi-Fi with close to 1 million units sold.
The Debut made listening to vinyl an affordable option for music lovers, while its clean, minimalist aesthetic and premium finish options helped make analog fashionable again. We have continually improved upon the Debut formula, adopting new technologies and trends to ensure it was always the best option for under $500.
In the early 2010’s the Debut Carbon was introduced, it stunned the high-end audio world by incorporating exotic materials such as a one-piece carbon-fiber tonearm, thermoplastic elastomer, and an audiophile grade cartridge. The Debut Carbon exploded in the US market where the resurgence of vinyl was really born. Today, vinyl playback has once again become the center of music lovers’ systems.
The Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Evo-lution
Building a great high-end turntable requires design expertise. Building a great & affordable turntable requires not only expertise, but also skilled engineering, flawless manufacturing, advanced material sciences, and relentless passion. Creating a worthy successor to the legendary Debut Carbon required rethinking and reevaluating every component and each design choice.
The new Debut Carbon EVO represents the epitome of Pro-Ject’s philosophy: high performance, clean aesthetics, and superb value. The elegant, simple aesthetic is unmarred by gimmicky lights, sliders, and buttons. It is a pure, high-performance turntable. Should requirements call for a phono preamp, Bluetooth or digital connectivity, USB interface, or integrated amplifier, we offer a wide range of external electronics, optimized for any application.
- 8.6? one-piece carbon fiber tonearm
- Low-friction precision sapphire tonearm bearings
- Sumiko Rainier phono cartridge, factory mounted and aligned (US only)
- Heavy 1.7kg steel platter w/ TPE damping
- Electronic speed selection for 33 & 45rpm (78rpm capable)
- TPE-damped motor suspension
- Premium gold-plated, chassis-mounted RCA jacks
- One continuous run of high-purity copper tonearm wire
- Shielded termination box
- Height-adjustable TPE-damped aluminum leveling feet
- Hinged adjustable dust cover
- 1.23m semi-balanced phono cable with dedicated ground wire
- 8-coat lacquered finish in 3 high gloss colors, 5 satin matte finishes or real walnut veneer
- Manufactured in the European Union
- Two year parts and labor warranty